Need Review on In Digital HD Channels

Anish Pai

EntMnt Contributor
Finest Member
Sree Harsha since you already have In Digital connection I would suggest you continue with the same.

Channel going off air due to non payment/non agreement/RIO is common in all MSO. But the removal is for some days.

How many channels do u get currently in ur SD STB, If ur happy with the number of channels, PQ/AQ, then u stick with it.

How much do u pay every month ??? HD Pack will be Rs 150/pm. 32 HD channels I good, hope they add new ones soon.

HD transmission in Digital cable is very good, the PQ and AQ is also great. You may get Dolby Digital sound, u can ask ur LCO.

Bharath Kumar G

Frequent Flyer
Hi,

@shreeharsha I have seen in digital at a friends place & talking of quality of the picture and sound was on par with best. If you are already a subscriber to digital cable it will be wise to upgrade to HD rather then go for a new DTH connection, as you rightly pointed out it is not very economical & DTH is dearer than digital cable.

My recommendation will be digital cable.

End of the day it's your call and money spend it wisely.

Anish Pai and Bharath Kumar G, thanks for your suggestions.

Right now I have Videocon D2h which is top pack which I have opted. When I bought the connection about a 2 years back it was Rs. 4.5 K or some thing. But when it comes to today's package price it's Rs. 7260/- with the 37 HD channels for the same package.

As I mentioned earlier, In Digital costs about Rs. 4900/-, with 33 HD channels and may be some channels may not be available. I checked with him aboutthe Dolby sound of the HD channles. If you people are saying that In Digital has good PQ and AQ for the HD channels, I think I can go for the In Digital connection.

Thanks for your prompt suggestions.

hike

EntMnt Rockers
Finest Member
P
its always better to go with dth rather than going 4 any mso.
benefits r more in dth than mso.

Hahaha! MSO is good at least you have to pay for HD channels which you want leave non HD channels.

Prateek Marwadi

EntMnt Rockers
Finest Member
P

Hahaha! MSO is good at least you have to pay for HD channels which you want leave non HD channels.
mso can remove any channel at any time. means when i was using den, some times star channels were not available and some time zee channels.
at last they had put most star india channels only on a la carte basis.

hike

EntMnt Rockers
Finest Member
mso can remove any channel at any time. means when i was using den, some times star channels were not available and some time zee channels.
at last they had put most star india channels only on a la carte basis.
Ya! DEN is very bad company!

vikassm73

Frequent Flyer
recently bought HD Set top box. Model DTC 4030. Problem in this box is that we can not record one channel while watching other channel.

Anish Pai

EntMnt Contributor
Finest Member
Which Company MSO ??? IN Digital.

U can record you need to select the option in settings. Can u share some snaps of the HD STB.

Also how is the HD channels Pic Quality. How many HD channels u get. Share some pics of HD channels

vikassm73

Frequent Flyer
I don't thing so. we don't have that options. I have tried all the settings. Even checked this with In-digital support. Currently, I am getting only 9 HD channels as DAS is not implemented by our LCO. It may happen in the couple of the month. HD channels picture quality is very good but not getting Dolby Digital sound. Only Sony is in Dolby digital and that also is not true 5.1. May be, I will get 5.1 audio after DAS implementation. Let me get a snapshot to upload it.

Also HD set top box price is not much now. 1800 Rs for set top box + 1236 Rs. for one year subscription.