Partitioning Laptop with Windows 10 installed

timkamat

EntMnt Ambassador
Finest Member
I've received my new laptop with Windows 10 and MS Office preinstallled and activated. So far so good.
But the issue is the 1TB hard drive is not partitioned. The entire drive is a single partition. I would want to partition into at least two or three logical drives.
Now, I'm aware I can do that thru the built in tool within Win 10 , but will it have any issues with the Windows 10or Office installation or activation? I would want to partition the drive without affecting my OS installations. Please guide me

Sent from my Redmi Y2 using Tapatalk

Sanjeev

Core Member
Birthday Boy
Also while partitioning see to it that local disk C have enough storage left so that all important files and software gets installed there in that drive

Technoglitch

Core Member
No issue would arise in partitioning existing drive and to be on safer side allocate 100 GB for OS partition. Go to disk management and select the shrink volume then allocate the space of your need.

Aviral Sangal

EntMnt Ambassador
Finest Member
I would recommend atleast 250 GB for the OS partition and rest you can decide on your own. Also if you need any help, pind me.

ApurbSSJ

Core Member
Nothing will affected You OS

Just Shrink ur Local Disk C with Disk Management and Make New Volume According to ur needs

Even u somehow corrupt your Windows
Do Not Panic Just Download ISO of Windows 10 from Windows site and Simplt Install it

It will not ask for Key and will automatically Activate your Windows

I also did the same with My new Laptop
I freshly installed the ISO of Windows 10 on the next day of Purchase coz I didn't wanted Bloatware Apps

timkamat

EntMnt Ambassador
Finest Member
Did it. Thanks for enhancing my confidence.

Sent from my Redmi Y2 using Tapatalk

Aviral Sangal

EntMnt Ambassador
Finest Member
Great!
And think of this, had you screwed it up, at most you would have lost one day in getting your system back and running. But the journey to getting it back where you would have searched for things online or asked for help, you would have gained immense knowledge. This is how I learnt all I know about computers by experimenting.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk