1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking News The jio storm is coming again on 15th December, destination dth market this time

Discussion in 'General DTH Discussion' started by rizhberg, Nov 15, 2016.

1. rizhberg

DTH Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +238 / -0
    DTH:
    Airtel DigitalTV
    NEW DELHI: Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio Infocomm is likely to launch its DTHservices with disruptive pricing on December 15, 2016. The service subscription will be free for the first six months akin to the Jio "Welcome Offer", according to a report by Gizbot.

The report added that the DTH service is expected to start from as low as Rs. 185 per month.

Another report by the India Express.com said that the DTH service will come in the form of a high-speed optical fibre – pushing speeds up to 1 Gbps. It said that the company’s DTH service will offer customers get access to high-speed internet and a host of Jio services.

“The hardware will include a set-top-box, as well as an Android smartbox or Apple TV that will help them control the content and also play games,” according to the the IndianExpress.com.

The company, DTH services may be called JioTV, which will offer more than 360 channels, at least 50 of which will be in HD.

The service will also come with the seven-day catch up option.

The Gizbot report said the telco is expected to launch various combo-packs in India. The South Indian Channel Combo will be priced at Rs. 195 per month, while the Sports Channel Combo will be available starting from Rs. 210 per month.

The Sports Channel combo pack will also offer channels like Star, Zee TV, Colors and Sony.

Reliance Jio likely to launch DTH service on Dec 15, may offer free six-month subscription as “Welcome Offer”: Reports - ET Telecom

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Zing Zing x 1
  2. IndianMascot

IndianMascot Global Moderator
    DTH Forum India Staff

Ratings:
    +25,560 / -0
    DTH:
    Tata Sky HD+
    I don't think it will be accessible to all. and it will require a STB+Modem box which is costing 4500 approx.

3. rizhberg

DTH Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +238 / -0
    DTH:
    Airtel DigitalTV
    Also laying fibres everywhere will be a big task, maybe only metros for now...
    But for the 6months welcome offer, people will be ready to pay 4500, moreover, they'll broadband and tv using single device...

4. D Major

D Major Global Moderator
    DTH Forum India Staff

Ratings:
    +13,331 / -0
    DTH:
    Dishtv
    If it's not in small cities then it's of no use for many.

Posted using DTH Forum app

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. IndianMascot

IndianMascot Global Moderator
    DTH Forum India Staff

Ratings:
    +25,560 / -0
    DTH:
    Tata Sky HD+
    I won't be lining for this because my Tata Sky subscription is there till Jan.

6. Deepu

Deepu Administrator
    DTH Forum India Staff

Ratings:
    +25,382 / -0
    DTH:
    Tatasky+HD
    Satellite is more reliable than Jio's Fibre optic and I doubt whether this venture will be a success by looking at their current Jio 4G speeds

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. D Major

D Major Global Moderator
    DTH Forum India Staff

Ratings:
    +13,331 / -0
    DTH:
    Dishtv
    I will go with another 1 year with DTH.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rizhberg

DTH Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +238 / -0
    DTH:
    Airtel DigitalTV
    The technology is more of a hybrid between traitional dth, digital cable and iptv I think.
    Yes at that moment, I also think dth i reliable. But lets see what unveils in future.
    For speed concerns, wired speeds will always be much higher than wireless, and I think even if it drops from 1Gbps to as low as 100Mbps also, it'll be enough for hdtv stream. Moreover, who knows, we may even see the birth of 1080p channels...

9. KARTHI HD

KARTHI HD DFI Riser
    DFI Premium Member

Ratings:
    +746 / -0
    DTH:
    Videocon D2H HD
    Does jio sim available in online for buying?

10. scorpionking76

scorpionking76 Moderator
    DFI Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,947 / -0
    DTH:
    TataSky & Airtel
    I will continue with DTH. Don't want to spend too much money on this.