HELP Windows 10 update 1703 fails to install

timkamat

EntMnt Ambassador
Finest Member
I have installed Windows 10 recently on my laptop, but sorry to state that it a non genuine version. I have been getting the latest feature update to version 1703 (Creators update or build 15063) through Windows Update. But, inspite of several attempts it has been failing.
The update downloads till 100 percent and then tries to install and fails. Hopefully, I can update through Windows10 Update App, but will it deactivate my Windows 10? Incidentally, all other updates are working fine. They do get installed without any issues.
Any suggestions?

And yes, my Windows 10 Pro is activated - I do not know how do these computer shops do it - but is there any way I can go for a genuine product key that I can install on my existing installation, just in case?.

timkamat

EntMnt Ambassador
Finest Member
I found one store named Toffsoftware which offers Windows 10 Pro at Rs. 4499. Is that genuine?

By the way, my major concern is if once I purchase the product, can I activate my existing Windows installation without affecting other files and programmes - just by changing the product key?

timkamat

EntMnt Ambassador
Finest Member
You can get windows 10 for free. Absolutely legal.
How come?
I already have Windows Pro. I am on version 10240. The latest version is 15063. I can update through Windows 10 Update Assistant app, but what has been stopping me is the fear of losing activation.